This is a full-time, in-person position based in San Francisco.
Clockwork is revolutionizing the $800B beauty industry with robots! We started with nails, and have developed and deployed the world’s first and only AI-powered, autonomous manicure robots.
Our robots are deployed at select Target stores, and in large corporate offices as an amenity, such as at Rockefeller Center in New York. We’re slated to increase our number of locations 10x in 2023!
We’ve raised $8.5M in seed funding, led by Initialized Capital. We have a phenomenal group of angel investors, including Arash Ferdowsi (founder & ex-CTO Dropbox), Balaji Srinivasan (ex-CTO of Coinbase), Max Mullen (Co-founder of Instacart), Julie Bornstein (ex-COO Stitch Fix, ex-CMO Sephora), among others.
This role offers a rare opportunity to work with AI-powered robots that are already publicly deployed, improving everyday lives.
We are looking for an experienced backend/infrastructure software engineer with an entrepreneurial streak to work on a diverse range of problems.
Examples include efficiently storing and retrieving terabytes of data that are generated on our robots, building the layer that allows for remote operation and introspection of robots, creating a scheduling and reporting system for use across multiple locations and partners, writing a “state machine” that understands the state of the hardware and only permits safe operation, etc.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to determine robot requirements and specifications
- Design & implement production quality features
- Communicate design trade-offs to a team with varied technical backgrounds
- Iterate on different approaches and identify the most promising avenues for development
- Debug and support robots in development and in the field
- 3+ years as a software engineer with experience in backend infrastructure/systems/data pipelines or Machine Learning infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment and take ideas from concept to production.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals and demonstrated experience writing, deploying and maintaining production code in languages like Python, Rust, etc.
- Bonus: Experience with productionizing deep learning models for computer vision tasks and the infrastructure supporting model development (data, large scale training, eval, etc).
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
In case you’re curious about our tech stack, here’s a summary.
- AI/CV stack : Numpy, PyTorch, OpenCV, Pyo3
- Application stack : React, SCSS
- Infra stack : Python, Rust, GCP compute and managed services, SQL/Postgres