Clockwork is revolutionizing the $800B beauty industry with robots! We started with nails, and have developed and deployed the world’s first and only AI-powered, autonomous manicure robots.
You can find our robots in large corporate offices as an amenity, such as at Rockefeller Center in New York and the LinkedIn lobby in San Francisco. We’re at an inflection point and slated to grow 10x in 2024!
To support our innovative work, we are seeking a skilled Manufacturing Project Manager to join our team. This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our organization by ensuring timely manufacturing, procurement and inventory management for our robotic systems.
- Project Management – Ensure that robots are ready for delivery as per our plans. This involves ensuring manufacturing stays on track from ordering inventory to completion. This includes coordinating with various vendors to ensure parts arrive on time, ensuring parts are high quality, track in-house assembly and bring-up.
- Sourcing – Identify and evaluate potential suppliers for hardware components, materials, and equipment. Develop and implement procurement strategies to ensure cost-effectiveness and quality.
- Supplier Management – Establish and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers. Negotiate terms, conditions, and pricing agreements to secure favorable contracts.
- Inventory Planning – Collaborate with cross-functional teams to forecast inventory needs based on project requirements and production schedules. Develop and implement inventory planning strategies to optimize stock levels.
- Order Fulfillment and Tracking – Oversee the order fulfillment process, ensuring timely and accurate procurement of materials to meet project timelines. Coordinate with suppliers to track and expedite orders as needed. Conduct regular audits to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Cost Optimization- Continuously seek opportunities for cost optimization in both procurement and inventory management. Implement cost-effective procurement and stocking practices.
- Process Documentation – Maintain accurate and up-to-date procurement and inventory records, including contracts, purchase orders, and stock levels. Prepare reports and analyses for management to assess performance in both areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Procurement and Inventory Management Specialist, preferably in the robotics or technology industry.
- You can recognize if schedules are shipping ahead of time and are not afraid to escalate when this happens.
- You are resourceful and can hustle to find ways to bring schedules on track if you see them slipping.
- Highly organized with experience managing multiple projects from inception to completion
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement and inventory management best practices.
- Familiarity with ERP systems, procurement software, and inventory management tools.
- Ability to analyze complex data and make strategic decisions.
- Certification in procurement (e.g., CSCP, CPSM) is a plus.
- In-Person Role – San Francisco near ballpark
- Full-time contract-to-hire
- Compensation range is $80-120k annually, depending on experience level
- Company holidays
- Free office snacks and drinks and regular happy hours with team
Join our dynamic team and contribute to our exciting journey at Clockwork! Apply today by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.