Clockwork is revolutionizing the $800B beauty industry with robots! We started with nails, and have developed and deployed the world’s first and only AI-powered, autonomous manicure robots.
You can find our robots in large corporate offices as an amenity, such as at Rockefeller Center in New York and the LinkedIn lobby in San Francisco. We’re at an inflection point and slated to grow 10x in 2024!
Clockwork is looking to hire an Assembly Technician to work in our home office in SF. As an Assembly Technician, you will be responsible for the in house assembly/debug/testing of our robots and for helping us as we scale production in the future. We will count on your skills in assembling mechanical and electrical components as well as checking inventory levels, performing incoming part inspection and helping us to improve on existing designs. We will lean on your enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate has a positive and professional attitude and clear communication skills. You should feel comfortable wearing many hats and being a jack of all trades.
- Assembly of the overall robotic system, including all electrical and mechanical components
- Inventory management for electrical and mechanical components of the system for future builds
- Mechanical testing and debugging of existing subassemblies
- Incoming part inspection of fabricated parts
- Propose electrical and mechanical design improvements to the system wherever possible
- Minimum 2+ years experience in an assembly technician role
- High school diploma or greater; some college or tech school, preferred
- Comfortable with the safe use of hand and power tools for mechanical assembly
- Comfortable with basic soldering techniques
- Comfortable with use of calipers and performing basic dimensional inspection of parts
- Able to read and understand assembly instructions
- Be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
- Able to work full-time – 40 hours/week
- Must be willing to commute to and work at SF Office
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19
If interested, please submit an email with your resume and previous experience to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
This is not a remote work position and will be based in our San Francisco office.
Clockwork is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work.